Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Glorious Return

Soon after flying in to Madrid, I received the grand tour of Torrejon de Ardoz, which is where I will be staying until I get my apartment in Alcala de Henares, one train stop away. The town is pretty nice; the most recent improvement is a 10-acre park complete with 1/4 scale or so replicas of all the iconic European monuments such as the London Bridge or L'Arc de Triomph. My host family, the Castros, are super friendly and have helped me acclimate to the new city, all the while bringing back spanish skills that I didn't know I even had. Today I'm exchanging the paltry quantity of money that I possess for Euro coin, which will enable me to be equally poor, just in Euros and not dollars. I might be exaggerating a little. All is good in Torrejon de Ardoz; today we are going in to Madrid for the first time since I arrived! Very exciting.

1 comment: